Nutritional analysis for a healthier pizza option (Per Pizza)
Calorie count: 875 calories for a part skim (17% milk fat) cheese pizza, whole wheat or white crust with tomato sauce.
The following ingredient specifications were used for the nutritional analysis:
8 ¼ oz. dough (made from the provided recipe ingredients and amounts)
3 oz. 17% milk fat, part skim mozzarella cheese
2 oz. of tomato sauce
|Saturated Fat (g)||9.5|
|Trans Fat (g)||0.1|
|Vitamin A (RAE)||131.9|
|Vitamin C (mg)||12.2|
|Vitamin D (μg)||0.3|
|Vitamin E (mg)||3.2|
|Vitamin B6 (mg)||0.3|
|Vitamin B12 (μg)||0.7|
(Nutrition analysis completed using Eat Tracker Recipe Analyzer, 2017)
Recommendations for healthier pizza options:
- Start with Pronto’s made from scratch whole wheat pizza crust, made with heart-healthy Canadian grown Canola oil, part-skim mozzarella cheese and in house made tomato sauce.
- Top your pizza with their extensive selection of nutrient rich, low-calorie, freshly cut vegetables including: arugula, basil, spinach, green pepper, mushroom, white onion, red onion, tomato, jalapeno pepper, roasted garlic, sun dried tomatoes and artichoke.
- For something tasty and different, and just as healthy try their blend of in house grilled, veggies that includes an assortment of red and green pepper, zucchini, eggplant and white onion.
- For extra flavour add their Italian herb seasoning, and small amounts of pickled banana pepper, Kalamata or black olives.
- If you are looking to add extra protein to your pizza, feel confident adding Pronto’s in house oven roasted and seasoned chicken breast, lean ground beef, or lean ground pork.
- If you are looking for a vegan pizza option, Pronto offers their customers Daiya mozzarella style, diary-free vegan cheese as a delicious vegan cheese option. Paired with the wide range of fresh and grilled vegetables available it is easy to create a tasty vegan pizza option a Pronto.
- Pronto Pizzeria’s pizza is a generous single serving pizza at only 875 calories per pizza. It is large enough to make into two meals! Delicious reheated, and even excellent eaten cold.
If you are in a hurry, or you are not sure what to choose Pronto offers these healthy options that fit within the Mediterranean Diet:
- Vegetarian – spicy tomato sauce, part skim mozzarella, mushroom, green pepper, grilled vegetables, fresh tomato
- Mediterranean – classic tomato sauce, part skim mozzarella, feta, Kalamata Olive, onion, artichoke, basil
- Margherita – classic tomato sauce, fresh part skim mozzarella, fresh basil
Looking to add more veggies to you diet? Complement your pizza with one of the following healthy, in house made salads and homemade dressing available on the side:
- Mozza – iceberg lettuce, tomato, mozzarella, olive oil and vinegar dressing
- Feta – mixed greens, tomato, cucumber, onion, feta, Kalamata olive, green pepper, house dressing
- Spinach – baby spinach, chickpeas, tomato, red onion, Dijon vinaigrette dressing
- Spring Greens – mixed green lettuce, cucumber, onion, tomato with homemade Italian dressing on the side